Yep, I want you to go to the kitchen right now, pour yourself a glass of water and drink up! It's one of the easiest habits for our health, and yet it often gets overlooked, right?
Did you know that common symptoms of dehydration include constipation, headaches, overeating, muscle/joint pain and lack of energy? Do any of these sound familiar?
I recommend drinking approximately half of your body weight (in ounces) of water every day. That might feel like a lot to some people, but try to not let that intimidate you, ok? You can do it!!! 👏 Start with adding a few extra glasses, then the following week, add a few more. You’ll quickly start hitting your water goal and be amazed with the difference you feel.
Here are a few other tips:
- Keep a water bottle nearby so it’s convenient to keep drinking! And remember to only drink out of glass or stainless steel to avoid ingesting the toxins in plastics.
- Set a reminder in your phone. It really does help!
- Drink a glass of water before your morning coffee and before each meal.
- Add 1-2 drops of doTERRA’s Lemon, Slim and Sassy, Grapefruit or Wild Orange to every glass or bottle of water throughout the day to support detox. Not only will it help your body’s detox process, but it’ll make your water taste so much better!
- And sorry, but other beverages -- such as coffee, soda or juice -- don't count as part of the recommended daily water intake. Actually these can contribute to dehydration so try to limit your intake.
P.S. Would you be interested in a 21 Day "Power of Healthy" Challenge to feel your very best this year? doTERRA is launching a challenge in two weeks and we are so excited to do this as a community. Message me for details!