Grown by family farmers in Southern India, lemongrass produces a smoky, citrus essential oil that offers a variety of benefits. For years, lemongrass has been used in Asian cuisine for soups, teas, curries, and seafood. However, the uses for Lemongrass essential oil extend far beyond the kitchen. It is a favorite for massage, offers purifying benefits for the skin, promotes a positive outlook and can also support healthy digestion when used internally.
TEN POPULAR USES FOR LEMONGRASS
1. Rub topically onto affected areas to help with joint, tendon, and ligament discomfort.
2. Have a thyroid issue? Rub Lemongrass on your thyroid every day or take internally in a capsule to help support healthy thyroid function.
3. Insects hate the smell of Lemongrass and is great to use as an insect repellent! Next time you have an outdoor party, diffuse either TerraShield or a blend that has Lemongrass in it. It helps SO MUCH to keep the bugs away, plus it adds a delicious and energizing aroma to the air.
4. Lemongrass essential oil is great to use on sore muscles. Massage onto muscles after a long workout to help relieve any soreness and discomfort. It also helps to get rid of inflammation and is one of the most popular oils to use in massage therapy.
5. Relieve head or neck tension with Lemongrass. The calming and soothing properties can help relieve any discomfort, tension, and pressure that can cause head or neck tension.
6. Try Lemongrass in your diffuser…it adds a sweet, herbal, and citrusy aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
7. The high amount of limonene found in Lemongrass essential oil can help kill germs and bacteria. Great to use in an all-purpose cleaner or on your body where unwanted pathogens may grow.
8. Naturally lower your cholesterol with Lemongrass essential oil! Taking Lemongrass internally has been shown to sustain good levels of triglycerides and reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body. This can help blood flow unobstructed in the arteries which can help prevent cardiac disorders.
9. Use Lemongrass essential oil to help with kidney and bladder issues. Take internally or rub on abdomen for help.
10. Lemongrass is great to use for digestive discomfort! Some people like to combine Lemongrass with Peppermint and rub on the stomach to help it settle and not be upset anymore.
BONUS TIP: Lemongrass essential oil is GREAT to cook with and provides a subtle citrus flavor. It is mainly used in Asian cooking and can be added to soups, teas, curries, and meat. Try it the next time you cook. Just remember that less is more. 👍