Commonly known for its sour and tangy taste, grapefruit is the rotund, yellow-orange fruit of an evergreen citrus tree. The oil is derived from the rind and is cherished for its many uses and benefits. The aroma provides an invigorating and energizing aroma. Diffusing Grapefruit oil
invokes a sense of clarity, and due to its main chemical component, limonine, can help to uplift mood. With its powerful cleansing properties, Grapefruit oil is valued for its skin care benefits and ability to promote the appearance of clear, healthy-looking skin when applied topically. When used internally, Grapefruit oil can help support a healthy metabolism.
USES AND BENEFITS
1) Teenage years can be rough, and with constant blemishes making their appearance, feelings of self-consciousness can quickly add to already existing frustrations. For a simple way to help your teenager improve the appearance of blemishes, add Grapefruit essential oil to the nightly facial routine (avoid sun exposure for up to 12 hours after applying any citrus oil topically).
2) Are you trying to shed some extra weight or stick to a diet? Use Grapefruit essential oil to help you meet your goals. Add a few drops of Grapefruit oil into a diffuser to help increase motivation.
3) The fruity and spry flavor of Grapefruit essential oil makes a great addition to a variety of different foods and drinks. To enliven the flavor of your smoothies and give your body the benefits of Grapefruit oil, add 1-2 drops to your favorite smoothie. If you are looking for a good way to add a brightness of flavor to your morning, make an Acai Bowl for breakfast and add a drop of Grapefruit oil.
4) Grapefruit is well-known for its ability to support a healthy metabolism. Support your metabolism at home or on-the-go by adding one to two drops of Grapefruit oil to your water for a flavor-filled and vitalizing boost.
5) Improve the relationship with your body by giving it some essential oil care. Rub one to two drops of Grapefruit essential oil on your stomach to help you have a healthy emotional relationship with your body.
6) Push the tense feelings away with the aromatic and topical benefits of Grapefruit essential oil. If you are feeling tense or down, rub one to two drops of Grapefruit oil onto your neck and shoulders for positive vibes. Grapefruit essential oil helps promote feelings of vitality and will uplift mood.
7) Make sure to spread the effects of Grapefruit essential oil to your entire body by adding it to your body scrubs and body wash. This essential oil addition will emit an invigorating scent and help smooth the skin.
8) Often times, reading or studying for long periods of time can cause the mind to wander and lose focus. Diffusing Grapefruit oil will help promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
9) For a citrus diffuser blend you can’t get enough of, put two drops of Grapefruit, two drops of Juniper Berry, and one drop of Wild Orange in a diffuser. Limonene, the main chemical constituent of both Wild Orange and Grapefruit oils, will produce the uplifting aroma emitted from this citrus blend, while Juniper Berry’s woody scent will create a calming and grounding effect. You will love the stimulating effects of this amazing blend.
What is YOUR favorite way to use Grapefruit oil?